General Psychiatric Assessment
- General New Patient Psychiatric Assessment £750 (60 minutes)
- This is a full psychiatric assessment that includes screening and assessing for General Psychiatric Conditions such as all forms of mood disorders and the bipolar disorders, all anxiety spectrum conditions, all stress related conditions, Trauma and condition like PTSD and Complex PTSD, all forms of addiction and personality issues and those conditions listed under Conditions on my website.
- Patients complete a series of academically validated psychological assessment tests in advance of their appointment.
- Patients receive a detailed Diagnostic Assessment and Treatment Recommendation Report
- Fee paid in advance to secure appointment
- Follow-up standard (30 minutes) £350
- Follow-up extended (60 minutes) - £700.
- For self-funding patients only
- For all appointments with Dr Kampers fees are paid in advance to secure appointment
- This has to be within 24 hours from the time the appointment is offered as Dr Kampers has a long waiting list and the appointment will otherwise be offered to someone on his waiting list
- Second Opinion Assessments with a detailed Diagnostic Assessment and Treatment Recommendation Report - £2000 (60 minutes)
- Fee paid in advance to secure appointment.
- ADHD Diagnostic and Treatment Recommendation Assessment (60 minutes) - £2000
- Paid in advance to secure appointment.
- This includes a full General New Patient Psychiatric Assessment as detailed above and comprehensive ADHD assessment and assessment for any ADHD linked or co-occurring conditions, including Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Patients complete a series of academically validated psychological assessment tests assessing ADHD, Anxiety Spectrum Conditions, Mood Disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Addiction Issues, Personality Issues and Stress and Trauma Issues in advance of their appointment.
- Patients also complete a series of questions about the evolution of ADHD symptoms from childhood into adulthood.
- Dr Kampers assesses Adult ADHD symptoms and their effects on relationships, work, life skills, social skills, self-concept, and any issues of risk in relation to these areas.
- Patients are provided with a comprehensive and detailed ADHD Assessment Report and a Diagnostic Interview for ADHD in adults (DIVA).
- If patients have a definitive diagnosis of ADHD, then they are also issued a prescription for a trial of ADHD medication (Concerta XL or Generic Equivalent or Elvanse) for the first 8 weeks.
- Baseline investigations if indicated (Bloodwork, ECG)
- You will need to arrange these if required these through your NHS GP or have them done privately - they will be outlined in your report.
- Self-monitoring mandatory (BP, pulse, weight, appetite, sleep)
- Prescriptions are delivered to your home within 24 hours of them being received by Zen Pharmacy who processed all of Dr Kampers' private prescriptions for Scheduled Drugs
- The cost of medication is on a private prescription and incurs a separate prescription fee and the cost of medication.
- Dr Kampers does not routinely enter into Shared Care Agreements (SCA) with NHS GPs
- If you want a SCA with an NHS GP, then you will need to confirm with your GP that they are prepared to do this prior to securing an Assessment Appointment with Dr Kampers
- If you do not have written proof from your NHS GP of an agreement to enter into a SCA, then you will need to self-fund all appointments and the cost of medication on a private prescription
- An ASRSv1.1 is completed in advance of all follow up appointments.
- Reissue of Prescription in appointment for next 6 - 12 weeks at subsequent follow up appointment.
- All ADHD consultations are usually by Zoom (initial assessment and follow ups), although an initial in person assessment at 10 Harley Street is available if preferred, once all the requisite questionnaires have been completed.
- It is important that you read, understand, and agree to these terms before signing and agreeing to them on the New Patient Assessment and Agreement to Dr Kampers' Terms and Conditions Form
- If you are unable to self-fund the initial ADHD assessment and follow up appointments as well as the cost of ADHD medication then you need to consider whether this is the right option for you
- Dr Kampers does not offer stand-alone ASD Assessments, they are only ever part of an ADHD Assessment
- Dr Kampers does not treat patients with a Primary diagnosis of ASD
ADHD Assessments and Insurance Companies
- Dr Kampers does not accept ADHD Assessments via Insurance Companies apart from Healix who authorise and pay for these appointments in full.
Ketamine Assisted Therapy (KAT) - Treatment and Stabilisation Phase
For existing patients of mine
- The total cost for Ketamine Assisted Therapy is £7500.00 which includes:
- My fee - £1500.00 for KAT which includes:
- KAT initial Psychiatric Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Informed Consent to assess eligibility (by email completion of requisite paperwork)
- If eligible:
- KAT review by Zoom after session 3 (30 minutes)
- KAT review by Zoom after session 6 (30 minutes)
- FP10 Prescriptions for all IV KETAMINE infusions
- The first £1500 is payable to me in order to proceed (If eligible)
- The balance of £6000 is paid to The Ketamine Clinic and includes:
- Pre-Ketamine Assessment
- Blood work and ECG
- 6 IV Ketamine Assisted Therapy (KAT) sessions, over 3 weeks.
- 2 sessions per week
- Option of weekly sessions available (Usually for cPTSD)
- 6 sessions in total
- The therapy takes place during and after each IV Ketamine infusion.
- This process is separate from any existing psychotherapy sessions you may already have in place with a different therapist.
- Additional integration therapy sessions are offered by our therapist but are at an additional cost to be discussed with our therapist at your pre-assessment appointment.
- You will not be offered an initial appointment if you are not eligible.
- Each IV Ketamine cycle can be followed by a Ketamine oral lozenge phase, weekly for 30 weeks, 5 phases of 6 weeks.
- This is the Maintenance Phase for TRD and may be the ongoing Treatment and Stabilisation Phase for cPTSD.
- Subsequent follow up appointments are £350 (30 minute ), which includes FP10 prescriptions for Ketamine oral lozenges.
- Follow up appointments are after each phase, i.e. every 6 weeks.
- This does not include the cost of the lozenges.
- The cost depends on the dose prescribed by me.
- These are now sourced directly from a designated PCAA Pharmacy
- You will be provided with more specific details.
- The PCAA Pharmacy I have forged a relationship with offer a personalised medicine service for patients, which makes ordering prescriptions easy and efficient through their on-site pharmacy, who source and supply a full prescription service.
If you are not a patient under my care or not under the care of a UK based Consultant Psychiatrist
- The fee will be £8500.00.
- This includes a General New Patient Psychiatric Assessment as detailed as well as a KAT initial Psychiatric Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Informed Consent to assess eligibility as detailed above.
- My fee is £2500.00 which is payable to me if deemed eligible by detailed initial screening.
- The balance of £6000 is paid to The Ketamine Clinic as detailed above.
If you are under the care of another Consultant Psychiatrist
- Who is prepared to provide me with a detailed referral letter that satisfies your eligibility for KAT.
- And I am satisfied that you are eligible.
- Then the fee will be £7500.00 as detailed above.
- You remain under the care of your Consultant during and after this process.
In other words, you cannot have KAT unless you have had a detailed psychiatric assessment
- By either your own Consultant Psychiatrist
- Or by me if you do not have a current Consultant Psychiatrist.
- You will not be charged until I have deemed your eligibility for treatment
Maintenance Ketamine Assisted Therapy
- My KAT IV program, twice weekly over 3 weeks for Treatment Resistant Depression (TRD) and weekly for cPTSD can be followed by one further IV KAT session with a view to KAT, weekly using Ketamine Lozenges
Cannabis Based Products for Medicinal Use (CPBM)
- General new patient assessment £750 (60 minutes)
- Fee paid in advance to secure appointment.
- Patients complete a series of academically validated psychological assessment tests in advance of appointment.
- Follow-up standard (30 minutes) £350
Continuity of care under Dr Kampers
- In order to remain under the care of Dr Kampers, you will need to agree and adhere to his treatment recommendations and be reviewed by him on a regular basis.
- How often you will need to be reviewed will be determined by Dr Kampers and will depend on the complexity of your case and associated risk.
- Once your mental health is stable, then you will be reviewed every 3 to 4 months.
- If you have not seen Dr Kampers for >12 months or if you have been discharged from his care then you will need to complete a New Patient Assessment form and see him as a General new patient assessment as detailed above
- Dr Kampers will decide on a case-by-case basis as to whether he will accept you back as a patient under his care.
Reports and Letters
- Medical reports: £1000 per hour (quote provided on request of report)
- This includes assessment time for and preparation of reports.
- Zoom consultations with lawyers: £1000 per hour.
- Court reports: The fee will depend on the complexity of the case but usually £1000 per hour (quote provided on request of report)
- This includes assessment time for and preparation of Court Reports
- A quote can only be provided once I have received a formal letter of instruction from a solicitor.
- Personal Independences Payment (PIP) Letter £100 - £150
- Medical Evidence Letter - £100
- Medication for Travel Letters - £100
- Personal Mitigation Circumstances Letter - £100
- Inclusive Support Statement Letter - £100
- Reasonable Adjustment Plans Letter - £100
- Exam Access Arrangement Letter - £100
- Firearm Licence Letter - £100
- Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Letter - £100
- Other letters £50 - £150, depending on complexity.
- Dr Kampers no longer deals with either AXA or BUPA as Private Medical Insurance Companies (PMIs) for any new referrals or existing follow up appointments
- These changes are effective as of 01/01/2024.
- Fees for Home Visits
- £1500/hr including travel time if within normal clinic hours
- £2000/hr including travel time if not within normal clinic hours
- Fees for Case Management - POA
- Fees for Holistic Mind Body Assessments - POA
- Fees outside of designated clinic hours (weekdays including Fridays up to 12h00): £1000 per hour rounded to the full hour.
- Fees outside of designated clinic hours (weekends - Friday (from 12h00) / Saturday / Sunday): £1500 per hour rounded to the full hour.
- Fees outside of designated clinic hours are the same irrespective of whether you have Private Medical Insurance (PMI) - these are out of hours designated rates and have to be self-funded.
- Very occasionally Dr Kampers will agree to New Patient Assessment whilst he is on leave at £2000/hr rounded to the full hour.
- The fees are the same irrespective of whether the consultation takes place in person, or remotely (via Zoom or telephone)